On-Page • Off-Page • Content Strategy
Be more than visible
What’s the point of having a website if no one can find it? If your website’s only visitors are the ones you give its address to, you’re missing out on a lot of traffic, publicity and even business. Being found on the web is largely based on how well search engines rank your website. Ranking well with search engines requires a multitude of elements all working together in a highly concerted effort. This is where Search Engine Optimization (SEO) comes in.
Dot your i’s and cross your t’s
SEO starts with making sure your website has everything where it’s supposed to be. The two biggest components of that are what your visitors are looking for vs. what search engines are looking for. Your visitors are looking for information or content in the form of text, images and videos. Search engines are looking for that in addition to a myriad of elements that only they can see: ALT tags, meta data, canonicalization, load speed, anchor text, etc. It’s a lot to manage, let alone remember, but it’s all necessary if you want your website to rank well.
Once your website has all its elements in place, it’s time to build its reputation as an authoritative source. Search engines determine authority by looking at which other websites trust yours enough to link to it. Ultimately, the more authoritative websites link to yours, the higher your website can rise in the rankings. Be extremely wary of any individual or agency that promises to provide you with links without doing any hard work. Trying to game the system hurts everyone, but especially you. The best way to earn a quality link is to create quality content.
Content is king
Assuming you’ve done everything well up to this point, your job is finally done – right? Wrong. In order to garner the highest rankings possible, your website must do all of the aforementioned as well as be continually updated with new, fresh and compelling content. In addition to having detailed product descriptions and beautiful images, you also need to write blog posts and create rich media that are useful to the audience you’re trying to reach. The more information and content you produce, the more visitors will find your website useful and the more likely other authoritative websites will link to yours.
What to expect when we work together on SEO for your website:
1. We chat about your goals, learn about your business and discuss the competitive landscape.
2. In the first month, we audit your website for a myriad of elements from technical items to user experience and provide you with an audit document that details the items needing attention in order of priority. We'll also walk you through how to make the changes and monitor your progress.
3. From the second month and onward, we:
- Mine your site traffic data for actionable insights
- Analyze your competitors
- Develop opportunities to acquire high-value backlinks
- Create content strategy based on real-time search trends
- Continually monitor your website for any housekeeping items that are new or remaining from the initial audit
4. At the beginning of each month, you'll receive a web-based report that is uncluttered and easy to understand.
Attaining high organic rankings is both the most important objective for your website as well as the most complicated. Regardless of what purpose your website serves, Fox Two Group can help guide you through the arduous SEO process. Our team blends both analytical and creative mindsets when researching the competitive landscape and developing a comprehensive campaign that includes content strategy and even paid search. Whether you are in the process of building your website or need your completed site audited, we are there with you at every step along the way and will work to ensure that once you reach the top, you stay there.